How To Reduce Your HVAC Maintenance Costs
Every Virginia homeowner should be aware of their heating and cooling system conditions to avoid surprises in energy bills.
Annual inspections are the key to reducing maintenance costs over time. Here’s a broader checklist for your fall Virginia HVAC maintenance to keep costs to a minimum:
How To Reduce Your HVAC Maintenance Costs
1. REPLACE THE DIRTY FILTERS
One of the most important safety precautions you can apply during the Virginia residential HVAC system maintenance is to check the air filters that can get dirty in a short time. In addition to replacing dirty filters, it’s wise to replace worn-out belts and pulleys.
2. INSPECT FOR MOISTURE AND DUST
Moisture and dust should be removed from within the Virginia residential HVAC system as far as possible. Lines and coils clogged with debris should be cleaned before it turns to grime.
Mold can develop near drain pans, as water should be cleared so that the drain lines aren’t clogged.
3. CLEAN ALL DUCTS AND AIRWAYS
The ducts of your Virginia residential air conditioning can get dirty in the winter as mold, dust, and debris spread. If left untreated, these conditions can adversely affect people’s health.
So it’s essential to inspect, clean, and remove mold and moisture from ducts and airways.
Proper airflow from your air conditioning unit is essential for comfort in the spring. Make sure the blades are clean and that the blower motor is operating correctly to ensure cost-efficiency.
4. PROTECT ALL THE OUTDOOR COMPONENTS
The components of your HVAC system that are exposed to outdoor environmental elements should be prioritized for maximum protection. Rooftop units should be protected but not wrapped with air-tight materials.
If moisture gets trapped inside the unit, it can lead to rust and corrosion.
A cover for your air conditioner should protect against rain, snow, animals, and allow for moisture to escape.
5. MONITOR HVAC EQUIPMENT CONDITION
The overall condition of your system should be the primary concern of your Virginia fall HVAC maintenance inspection. The key is to replace any parts that appear to be worn so that they do not cause further damage.
If the unit has had any cooling issues, it should be inspected by an expert.
You should also make sure there are no leaks in your coils and that all electrical connections are tight.
WHAT YOU CAN DO YOURSELF
You should follow some essential steps to ensure proper Virginia fall HVAC maintenance and save on your finances in the long run.
These do-it-yourself steps will help you keep your HVAC system in good shape:
OUTDOOR SYSTEM CARE
- Eliminate all the vegetation and debris from your external heat pump unit to ensure sufficient airflow and help to avert damage to the unit.
- Inspect your air conditioner for damage and shut it down for the winter.
- over your AC to further protect it.
- Turn off the outdoor AC switches to prevent your air conditioner from getting turned on accidentally.
INDOOR SYSTEM CARE
- Make sure to store combustible products away from your heating system.
- Examine your HVAC’s air filters to check if you need to replace it.
- Regularly clean air filters to reduce indoor pollutants throughout the winter season. This will help to ensure proper airflow into your home and improve your system’s life and efficiency.
- Move objects like heavy furniture that may be blocking registers, which might be straining your system by obstructing proper indoor heat circulation.
- Replace your indoor humidifier’s water panel. This will ensure that your humidifier works efficiently to maintain adequate humidity levels in your home.
- You should annually change the carbon monoxide detector batteries to protect your family from exposure to undetected carbon monoxide.
WHAT HVAC PROFESSIONALS CAN DO FOR YOU
Heating systems are made up of sophisticated equipment which requires proper maintenance to improve their performance and efficiency. Therefore, it’s best to leave specific jobs to the professionals.
Many reliable Virginia HVAC contractors provide the necessary cleaning, care, and checkup to ensure that your heating system makes your home comfortable during the cold months.
Hence, schedule a professional fall HVAC maintenance on a priority.
We will help you make your indoor surroundings comfortable and safe throughout the year with our Virginia professional HVAC services.
Call Abel Air Services for an Virginia HVAC system inspection by our experts and receive a free estimate!
ABEL AIR SERVICES
With more than 10 years of experience, Abel Air Services in Virginia, is one of the most trusted and licensed (HVAC) service providers, proudly serving Woodbridge, Dumfries, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Bristow, Centreville, Nokesville, Gainesville, Manassas, Manassas Park, Warrenton, Chantilly, Reston, Herndon, Fairfax, Oakton, Clifton, Fairfax Station, Burke, Springfield and Alexandria.
Our management team has more than 38 years of experience in various aspects of HVAC technology.
All our Virginia HVAC technicians are professionally skilled and certified to deliver outstanding Virginia residential HVAC services as well as Virginia commercial HVAC services to our clients.
We offer Virginia professional HVAC services including installation, maintenance, air conditioning repair, and more at very reasonable prices.